Rowland Parents and Educators Association (RowlandPEA)
The mission of Rowland Parents and Educators Association is to provide a forum for Rowland Heights students, parents, educators, concerned residents and board members of education, administrators, and the superintendent of the Rowland Unified School District to meet and discuss community educational concerns and explore possible solutions that make each student’s full potential a reality.
RowlandPEA believes that in Rowland Heights, families and the Rowland Unified School District (RUSD) are partners for student success. RowlandPEA is committed to making sure that the policies, personnel, facilities, academic programs, and resources of RUSD are used to ensure all students are provided with engaging and challenging schoolwork that results in motivation for higher academic achievement beyond high school.
· Students are extremely important clients of the school district entitled to quality work and learning.
· Teachers are leaders entrusted to provide quality work and learning for students.
· Principals as leaders of leaders are accountable for success of the school.
· District-level staff members have a responsibility to work with schools and support initiatives to ensure quality work and learning for students.
· The Superintendent has a critical responsibility to communicate a vision for the future which reflects the common goals of the community.
· The Board of Education is responsible for setting policies that are consistent with these beliefs to help the school district and the community fulfill its vision.
· The members of The Board of Education are responsible for communicating with the school district on the residents’ concerns over educational issues.
· Educators and staff members must commit to continuous professional growth to safeguard quality work and learning for students.
· The school district including the Superintendent and members of the Board of Education are responsible in maximizing all existing funds and resources to enhance learning opportunities for all students while seeking new sources on the State and Federal level.
· The resources of the school district must be organized effectively and efficiently to support each school’s obligation to provide balanced growth and improvements to both facility and academic programs.